Visa Information & Requirements to visit Dubai, UAE
Before you travel to the UAE, please check your visa requirements and make sure you have a valid visa if needed, or if your passport needs to be valid for a minimum period. Holders of non-standard passports and travel documents may also have different entry requirements; please confirm before you travel if you need to apply for a visa and other passport requirements.
As of 29 April 2016, GCC residence permit holders will need to apply for a UAE visa before arriving in Dubai.
As of 1 May 2017, Indian nationals holding a normal passport valid for a minimum of six months from the arrival date, and a visit visa or green card issued by the USA which is valid for a minimum of 6 months, or holding a UK or EU residence, can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days for a charge of AED120 (subject to change). They can also apply to extend their stay for an additional 14 days for AED250 (subject to change).
Dubai immigration procedures
As an added security measure, Immigration Authorities at Dubai International are now conducting random eye screening for visitors to Dubai. Visitors asked to proceed for eye screening are required to present a hard copy of their visa or a printed version of the visa number confirmation page at the screening counter. If you do not have a copy with you, a charge of AED30 per copy applies, payable only in AED.
30-day visit eligibility:
If you are a passport holder of one of the below countries or territories, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE.
Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-day visit visa free of charge.
- Hong Kong, China
- Macau, China
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- United Kingdom and Northern Ireland
- United States of America
- Vatican City
90-day visit eligibility:
If you are a passport holder of one of the below countries or territories, your passport will be stamped with a multiple entry 90-day visit visa, valid for 6 months from the date of issue and for a stay of 90 days in total.
Citizens of the below European countries are also entitled to apply for a prearranged visit visa if their 90 day visa on arrival has been fully utilized.
- Bahamas Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Russian Federation
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
Required documents and visa fees:
- Color photograph of applicant.
- Color copy of applicant’s passport. The passport must be valid for at least three months.
- Tourist single entry visa fees cost AED500.00 (+5% VAT) (Around USD145 per application).
Rules and conditions:
- Visa fees must be paid upon application.
- Additional visa processing fees apply.
- Visa fees are non-refundable.
- If a visa is required, processing time is approximately 5 to 7 working days.
- Entry into the UAE is subject to immigration approval.
Additional documents may be required depending on your country of residence:
- Afghanistan: National ID Card (Tazkira ID)
- Iraq: National ID Card
- Pakistan: National ID Card
- Iran: National ID Card
180-day visit eligibility
If you hold a Mexican passport you are eligible for a multiple entry 180-day visit visa, valid for 6 months from the date of issue and for a stay of 180 days in total.
Applying for a UAE VISA:
Please check your Nationality in the countries’ lists detailing if a visa is required.If you require a visa, please prepare and provide the following documents for processing your visa application:
- Scanned copy of your passport or ID card (front page, last page, and page with exit stamp if you have visited Dubai before).
- Scanned copy of your photo.
- Flight details (air ticket).
- Send these attachments in the email to the Momento Team: [email protected]
- The Momento Team will send you the payment link or invoice with bank details for visa payment. The visa fee costs AED525.00 including VAT. The fees must be paid upon application.
- Your visa application is being processed. After reviewing your visa application, the Momento Team may sometimes contact you for further information in order to ensure smooth processing of your visa, such as airline ticket details, guarantor’s documents, etc. If Visa Authorities do not entail any additional documents, your visa will be issued within 5 to 7 business days.
- Your visa is issued and sent to your email by the Momento Team.
If Momento DMC assists you to apply for a UAE visa, remember that the final decision of the issuing visa for the applicant is made by the UAE Governmental Authorities and Momento DMC can not influence any decisions. The visa fees are non refundable.